The Economic Education & Research Consortium (EERC) is seeking a Controller
to be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. The term begins July 1, 2003.
EERC organizes and funds the training of Ukrainian, Belarusan and Moldovan
students in modern economics at the National University "Kyiv-Mohyla
EERC, a non-profit organization registered in the USA, offers a highly
The Controller will report directly to the Program Director and will be
responsible for all aspects of financial management for EERC. The specific
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate EERC programs and budgets to ensure
optimal utilization of resources. Manage cash accounts to assure liquidity
through cash flow analysis.
- Prepare the annual budget to ensure compatibility with the current
programmatic priorities of the board, donors, and management.
- Develop and monitor internal controls to assure compliance and ensure
safeguarding and proper use of EERC assets.
- Support and manage the administrative integration of the EERC program
into the University.
- Manage the annual external audit as well as internal or donor audits as
- Provide monthly financial reporting and donor reporting as needed.
Provide trend analysis and concise progress reports to monitor and evaluate
budget to actual expenditures, identifying issues to be addressed and
communicating them to the Program Director.
- Prepare contracts for and manage the distribution of payments.
- Train and manage accounting staff.
- Five years of experience in finance/accounting in a leadership position
- Accounting degree required.
- Ukrainian and English language skill proficiency.
- Technical comprehensive knowledge required in the following areas: GAAP,
US regulations for non-profits, Ukrainian reporting and tax issues,
bookkeeping, budgeting, and financial management. Proven strong conceptual,
analytical, and evaluative skills. Proficiency with computerized accounting
- An ideal candidate works independently, as well as functioning
effectively in a small team and multi-cultural environment. The Controller
will need to be a strong project manager and possess a willingness to
assist with the full range of EERC activities as need arises.
For more information about EERC, please visit: www.eerc.kiev.ua.
comments powered by HyperComments