EERC organizes and funds the training of Ukrainian, Belarusan and Moldovan students in modern economics at the National University "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy."
EERC, a non-profit organization registered in the USA, offers a highly competitive salary.
The Controller will report directly to the Program Director and will be responsible for all aspects of financial management for EERC. The specific responsibilities follow:
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate EERC programs and budgets to ensure optimal utilization of resources. Manage cash accounts to assure liquidity through cash flow analysis.
- Prepare the annual budget to ensure compatibility with the current programmatic priorities of the board, donors, and management.
- Develop and monitor internal controls to assure compliance and ensure safeguarding and proper use of EERC assets.
- Support and manage the administrative integration of the EERC program into the University.
- Manage the annual external audit as well as internal or donor audits as needed.
- Provide monthly financial reporting and donor reporting as needed. Provide trend analysis and concise progress reports to monitor and evaluate budget to actual expenditures, identifying issues to be addressed and communicating them to the Program Director.
- Prepare contracts for and manage the distribution of payments.
- Train and manage accounting staff.
- Five years of experience in finance/accounting in a leadership position required.
- Accounting degree required.
- Ukrainian and English language skill proficiency.
- Technical comprehensive knowledge required in the following areas: GAAP, US regulations for non-profits, Ukrainian reporting and tax issues, bookkeeping, budgeting, and financial management. Proven strong conceptual, analytical, and evaluative skills. Proficiency with computerized accounting systems.
- An ideal candidate works independently, as well as functioning effectively in a small team and multi-cultural environment. The Controller will need to be a strong project manager and possess a willingness to assist with the full range of EERC activities as need arises.
Candidates should send a cover letter and CV to Galina Vdovychenko at
For more information about EERC, please visit: www.eerc.kiev.ua.